3E8 BROADBAND SOLUTIONS, LLC
empower DELIVERED BY CRAIGHEAD ELECTRIC
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
3E8 Broadband Solutions, LLC d/b/a empower Delivered by Craighead Electric (“empower”) respects the privacy and confidentiality of each customer’s private or confidential information that is received or obtained by empower. The objective is to protect this information to the extent reasonably possible in accordance with this policy and normal business practices and to notify customers as to what information is received, maintained or shared by empower.
To describe the information that is collected or retained by empower from its customers and to describe how and if such information is shared with anyone.
A. Categories of Information Collected
1. Contact information which includes the customer’s name, location (if applicable), billing address, telephone number, e-mail address as well as other information required to provide service and billing to each customer. This use of internet from empower shall give empower access to and collect information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version as well as the time and date of your use.
2. Billing information, including social security number, driver’s license number, bank account number if your bill is paid by check or draft upon the customer’s account, credit information, credit or debit card information if your bill is paid by credit or debit card, financial information regarding your credit information and payment history.
3. Responses to customer’s survey(s) conducted by empower to identify needs or to improve service.
4. Additional information about a customer or customer’s property and other matters obtained through services offered by empower.
B. Purpose of Collection; Access and Correction
1. empower collects and maintains information regarding customers for purposes of its operations and management. It shall not be used for any improper or unlawful purpose.
2. empower intends to collect and maintain accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about its customers. empower generally permits access to this information by the customer or anyone authorized by such customer to receive it. If any information maintained is believed to be inaccurate or incorrect, empower will normally allow for the correction or change to be made so that such information is accurate. empower will not allow the change of any information relating to payment, billing or charges unless such information can be shown to be incorrect, e.g. if a bill is paid late, that information cannot be removed simply because the customer would prefer that his/her/its account did not reflect such information.
3. Any matters that are believed to be incorrect or inaccurate may be reported and disputed by directing your request to:
Broadband Solutions, LLC d/b/a
empower Delivered by Craighead Electric
4314 Stadium Blvd.
Jonesboro, AR 72403
email address: email@example.com
C. How empower Collects Customer Information
1. When a customer creates an account and interacts with empower regarding their account or other services or participation in a program available through empower.
2. When a customer uses broadband or phone service of empower.
3. When a customer interacts with empower through its website.
4. When empower interacts with third parties regarding a customer such as a credit reporting agency.
D. Use and Retention of Customer Information by empower
1. empower uses information about customers in defined and responsible ways in order to manage, provide, and improve its products, services and operations for its customers.
2. Data about customers’ broadband or phone usage may be compiled in aggregate form and such data may be used by empower to improve system operations, efficiency and overall customer service.
3. empower retains customer information for such periods of time as required by law or regulation or as reasonably necessary to provide or improve services.
1. empower maintains customer information with reasonable and appropriate technical, administrative, physical, and cyber safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification and improper disclosure of customer information. We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information. HOWEVER, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN empower GUARANTEE ITS ABSOLUTE SECURITY AS NO SYSTEM CAN EVER BE FULLY PROTECTED AGAINST EVERY POSSIBLE HAZARD.
2. empower requires its employees, affiliates and contractors who have access to customer information to comply with this privacy and confidentiality policy.
3. Customer information that customers may access through empower’s online account system is protected using cyber security protocols designed to prevent unauthorized third parties from accessing such information.
F. Disclosure to Third Parties
1. empower does not share customer information (e.g. a customer’s broadband usage data, phone calling history, and information that can reasonably be used to identify an individual) with a third party, except at the customer’s request, with the customer’s consent or as described below.
2. Information may be disclosed to affiliates or contractors hired by empower to assist in carrying out operations, such as service, maintenance, billing and management functions including legal, audit and collection services. Information may also be shared with other service providers or suppliers under shared service agreements or to meet operational requirements. Information will only be disclosed to such persons to the extent necessary to render the services, and only to those who agree to maintain the confidentiality and security of the information.
3. empower may disclose to and share information with commercial and consumer credit reporting agencies for credit-related activities (e.g., the reporting of bad debts).
4. Aggregated information may be disclosed to third parties where necessary or beneficial for empower’s operations (for example, to improve efficiency and overall customer service).
5. Information may be disclosed when authorized or required by law, including a response to a search warrant, subpoena or court or law enforcement order. For example, empower may use and disclose records for investigations into customer misconduct or for law enforcement investigations related to its business. Disclosures may also be made when appropriate to protect empower’s legal rights or in situations involving an imminent threat to life or property. empower will take reasonable steps to limit the scope of any of these disclosures.
6. Information may be shared with affiliates and partners of empower to communicate with customers, to promote services or to communicate information of interest to customers. Nevertheless, empower does not sell, rent, loan, exchange or otherwise release customer information to non-affiliated third parties or partners for their marketing purposes, without a customer’s prior consent.
7. empower may make information regarding third party products and services available to customers through its website.
8. empower may partner with another party to provide specific services or goods. When the user signs up for these services or goods, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services or goods. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services or goods.
G. Rights and Limitations Under Federal Law
2. Section 222 provides privacy protections for information about the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of your use of telecommunications services, including empower phone service, and the information about those services contained on your bills for those services. This information is known as customer proprietary network information or “CPNI.” CPNI does not include your name, address, or telephone number, which is defined by the Communications Act as “subscriber list information.” However, that information is otherwise considered personally identifiable information.
If you are a customer of empower phone service, or another service that is subject to these requirements, you have the right, and empower has a duty, under the Communications Act to protect the confidentiality of your CPNI. In addition, the FCC’s rules provide additional privacy protections and choices regarding use and sharing of that information
H. How to Contact empower
1. Questions about this Privacy and Confidentiality Policy, which may be changed and updated from time to time, may be directed to customer services, which can be reached by phone at (870) 336-0999 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.